• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad luck.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

altec

polka dot ninja
I seem to be having very very bad luck with the Abit NF7-S. I had a watercooling accident and somehow killed my motherboard with antifreeze and water, but since Abit is awasome, they decided to let me RMA it since there was no physical damage. I got the RMA, and had the computer up and running for a few days until I dot my dremel this morning. I did a little light modding to my case with my new dremel, and took the case back upstairs. When I got there and went to put it all back together, I noticed that instead of just taking one of the motherboard screws out, I took the stud that keeps it mounted to the motherboard tray out also. I tried to get it off with some pliers and a screwdriver, but it wouldnt budge, so I thought I'd take my dremel to it and get it off with my new toy. I cut it off, abd the screw fell out...YAY! I then looked at the backside of the board and realized that I took about 50 traces out with the screw.....I dont think she will live. I guess I now need to figure out what to get next, another NF7-S or an 8RDA+.

I guess so, it looks like the torque of the screw actually burned through the PCB inwards into the board and took quite a few traces out along the way. What should I get next? :(

Back