• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Toothpaste is better than thermal compound...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes it is, but aren't aluminum and copper? :p
The core of the processor is protected, which is why AS3 and metal heatsinks don't cause problems when applied. You just wouldn't want any mercury to leak out onto the contacts, hence the containment system. (Not to mention that mercury vapor is highly toxic.)

Better yet, why don't you take an exact mold of your cpu core, and melt some copper or aluminum and make it fit exactly on the core to have your own customized heatsink?

If you're going to go to all that trouble, why not just get a Vapochill case and refrigerate your entire computer?

I must apologize for being kinda new to this cooling madness, but what exactly is a 'Vapochill Case' and how much do they go for and where can I check them out at, thanks ;)

LOL I'm new to cooling, too :) I just read about Vapochill cases on www.chillblast.com. They're like a refrigerator for your computer.

They sort of defeat the purpose of overclocking, though, as they cost about the same price as Intel's most expensive CPU at any given time...

Vapo's are like Ferrari's, only nerdy instead of cool. They cost too much for what they do and yeah, they go fast, but not a $100,000-quarter million dollars fast (or in this case $500). It's a showpiece.

Anyways, for the best results weld the core to the heatsink.

--Illah

Back