• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can I order W2K service packs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1eyedjak

I can handle having to redoe my hard drvive every now and then but I ma really ****ed that I got the Blaster worm from the MS update server and now I am stuck with the standard W2K package and it is not working right.

I believe I am going to have to re-install again.

I have dial up and the downloads are killing me.

mike

well svchost.exe keeps crashing whatever that is and I do not have all my updates downloaded since MS is bad news right now.

I do not know all the ins and outs of this computer stuff.

the link you gave me will not work now either for me. always did before...?

Mike

You can order service packs from M$, they usually only charge shipping cost,sometimes its free, They sent me SP 1 & 2 for Office 2000 for absolutely nothing shipped to my door by UPS.

From Microsoft.com
"United States and Canada can order the CD from this Web site. The CD costs U.S. $14.95 (CDN $19.95) plus $5 shipping and handling (CDN $7.50). "
Order the CD by Phone or Fax
Call (800) 360-7561
Fax (716) 447-7330

It's kinda pricey. that the price per service pack!

Wow! That's expensive. Why not trip over to a buddy who's got a cable modem...download and burn them to a cd.

Save a little $ :) and perfectly legal.

Back