• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

red light by cmos battery

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigemike

I looked in the manual and I couldn't find anything about this, I have a red light constanly on by the battery. I just got this board as a refurb from newegg. It overclocks well and seems stable, does anyone know what is causing it.

That is a power light. It indicates the board is getting standby power. A green light turns on when the system is running. You should make sure that both lights are off before changing ram or other internal components.

ok, the red light stays on until the ps os switched off, I guess that shows standby power, then when the board is switched on a green light goes on next to it. does this only work if you have a standby led hooked up?? or is it new to the version 2 of the board, becouse my older nf7-s doesn't have it lit up, but it doesn't have the third led plugged in. I have been using the board for a while in my other pc, and never saw it so it kinda concerned me

No worries..It's standard for the ver2.0.....Red light is standby green light goes on when in use.....Enjoy that board it rocks.

climbski said:
No worries..It's standard for the ver2.0.....Red light is standby green light goes on when in use.....Enjoy that board it rocks.

yup it always stays on, unless you unplug the psu from the wall. i like it:) ...keeps me warm and snuggly at night:eek: :eek:

Its means that you board is operating at maximum performance and Windows will decrease performance accordingly to compensate for the blazing speeds that this board can achieve

Well it actually helps you remember to unplug the power before messing around with it.

Back