• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

recommendation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

briant6

Registered
from what I've read, most people recommend kingston hyperx over corsair xms...my question is, do I get 2 sticks (256mb) of hyperx pc3200 or pc3500? other speeds are also welcome...this is for a7n8x deluxe with xp1700+ T'Bred

thanks

Last edited:
twinmos is good but if you need something cheaper go for buffalo on newegg.

thats my opinion. ive used 6 sticks of these and they are fine in my friends computers.

briant6 said:
from what I've read, most people recommend kingston hyperx over corsair xms...my question is, use I get 2 sticks (256mb) of hyperx pc3200 or pc3500? other speeds are also welcome...this is for a7n8x deluxe with xp1700+ T'Bred

thanks

My question is what was the basis for the statment?...Cost over performance?

I use Corsair so i may be biased. It is not cheap but it is the best in my eyes. It works on every board. I have not heard many people having trouble with corsair. It also performs and ocs great.

Mushkin is better than Kingston and cheaper than Corsair. It is great for the price and nearly performs to Corsair. My friend has some 3700 on a P4C board/proc and it kicks.

Just my thoughts.

isnt mushkin WAY more expensive than corsair? it depends on the series. but i remember seeing mushkin getting listed way more expensive than a lot of sticks on newegg. another thing is mushkin is not sold everywhere and they have a "less price drop'' thing

mushkin is expensive you buy from their site unless they hvae a sale on the ram you wanna buy and you use the 10% coupon =d even then its price is only competitive with some of the ram sold by newegg or googlegear

If you wait for a Sale at Mushkin.Com, then it isn't so expansive. They have sales quite often, usually 1 or 2 good ones on their DDR memory a week. Plus they usually offer free shipping for short periods two or three times a week. You just gotta keep checking the site.

Just a few days ago, they were offering their Duel-Pack 1GB (2x512MB) PC3200 Black Level 2 (the best DDR400 money can buy) for about $305 (not sure exact price). Factoring in their 10% coupon discount brought the price to less then $275, or about $135 per stick of 512MB. With free shipping, this made it cheaper then Corsair DDR400 C2 (the crappy stuff), and almost put it on the same market as GeIL's 1GB-Kit DDR400 Golden Dragon ($220/$110 per stick).

The best thing about Mushkin is that when you buy, you know what your getting. As opposed to other dealers, including Corsair, Buffalo, and OCZ, where the chip varies by batch, and isn't told.

I think it depends on where you go. Newegg seems to promote Corsair more than Mushkin as seen by the quantity of Corsair product over Mushkin as well as better pricing on Corsair. But in this review at Overclockers NZ it says: "The Mushkin Enhanced Dual Black High Performance Level II 3200 512MB and 1GB have similar overclocking potential. The Mushkin Level II's performance is marginally lower the famous Corsair XMS range; however, given the price difference, Mushkin Level II would be a better choice for the price sensitive customers."

Where they found this true i honestly don't know, but i am sure it is true somewhere.

This is why i choose Corsair...I am confident in it.

Back