• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JEwing85

Registered
hey there all i have a problem with my computer. it likes to take a dump after about 2 hours of stableness. i personally think its the PSU, i think i need a more powerfull one. but i have no clue. my computer can just be sitting there doing nothing and restart for no reason ALL THE TIME!!!!. any suggestion are welcom as i want to fix this problem a.s.a.p. by the way that is not currently overclocked.

thanx alot

Kingwin? I don't think it's on the list of "OK" PSUs. What are your voltages like and have you tried testing for stability with prime95?

well, have you check the voltages values compared to their expected values? also how stable are your voltages - any wild sudden dips or rises (hopefully not the latter)?

you also never mentioned whether or not you are overclocked

:santa2:

i have not overclocked this system yet. . . i tried prime95 and it said i had bad hardware configuration like conflict between harware or something. it would not run. i have not checked voltages yet, but this would be my first time. i assume i could check within BIOS my voltage values? or is there a program or something, like i said thats would be a first. yah kingwin, dont ask me why i bought it cuz i have no idea. it worked fine with my previous P4 system so i though it would here too. i think i'm going to buy the antec true 480 that should be enoguh right?

BIOS voltage values only give you numbers for an unloaded system.

MBM5 is what most people use to measure voltages and stuff in Windows.

An Antec True480 is a bit of overkill, consider a Fortron/Sparkle 350W/400W instead for lots less money - just as good a PSU.

core0 is 1.63 v
core1 is 2.62 v
+3.3 is 3.28 v
+5.00 is 4.08 v
-5.00 is 0.00 v
+12.00 is 11.49 v
-12.00 is -4.05

are those good or bad? thanx alot=

Power Supply trouble shooting:
Reboots when you perform processor intensive work or reboots when you put a CD in.

If you have access to another PSU, use it for a day. No reboots? It's the PSU.

yeah, about 15 seconds after i put it cd my computer will restart sometimes only. reall sux for installing games. yeah and during defrag or pcmark, it will restart.

thanx alot hehehe im such a newb! i just never hardly post i just always read. anywayz im gonna buy the antec true380 PSU ive read reveiews on newegg saying its an awsome PSU so im gonna get it. is 380 enough for AMD 2500+ barton, 2 HD, CDRW, and 5 4pin case fans and a blue cold cathode?

another question . .. how do i get a jpeg image down to the size needed to put in for avartar?

edit** nevermind i got it

Last edited:
i would defintly overclock the barton, there real good for overclocking, and you can proabblly get it to 2.3-2.4GHZ

hey guys im back. still same problem i had to begin with. CPU intensive tasks, such as games, mpeg, or mp3s during a long stretch reboot my computer. my comp is currently not overclocked and all the details are in my sig. thanx

Back