• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking FSB/CPU Showling Low Speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vakkert_regn

Registered
I am not sure if this is in the manual because I dont have it with my right now. (If it is in the manual, just let me know and dont worry about replying) I am just wondering how I can go about overclocking my FSB. When I updated to Windows XP my CPU shows up at 1.09 and I have the 2500+ and it was showing up at like 1.8 in Win2k. In BIOS it is set at XP2500+. Does anyone know what I should do to fix that?

Have you tried running programs like CPU-Z, WCPUID, or Sandra to verify what speed the CPU is really running at? I would not trust the speeds that Win XP is showing. If your CPU is really running at 1.09, then you probably need to manually set the FSB speed and CPU multiplier in the BIOS.

k thanks, when i get home im gonna try it. im just hoping its xps fault cus it didnt do this in win2k. do you think xp is just not reading it correctly?

i wouldent trust anything xp shows you;) get wincpuid its readily avalilable for download.

What BIOS version are you running? Version 1.7 or 1.8 fixes the 2500 showing up as a 3200+. Mine was at version 1.2 or so when I received it from Googlegear so I have flashed it to version 1.8 now.

Actual speed should be 1.826GHz if it's set correctly.

Back