• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP task manager

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

altoids1

Registered
I just downloaded the xp service pack and installed it because of the worm thinking it a good thing to do. After i finished i noticed a slowdown from when my screensaver turns off to when i am back at my desktop. Then i was wondering why it was slow and tried to take a look at my task manager and i couldnt.

i would right click and it might showup for a little bit and then dissapear 2 seconds after. This time the percentage bar would show 100%

Othertimes the window wouldnt even show up...all i could see those times was the cpu usage which was showing 0% while i was folding

Any help would be appreciated

trevor

altoids1 said:
I just downloaded the xp service pack and installed it because of the worm

Did you run the work removal tool or did you just patch your system?

If you just patch your system and did not run the worm removal and you were infected then it is running in the background

what abt the xp restore option?

Did u disable the system restore option in the windows xp? before running the removal tool or applying the patch you've to apply that, or virus may still preak into your system.

I was away for the weekend so i couldnt answer. but no i did not turn off restore before the patch and the remover.

turn off system restore and re run the patches and removal tool again AFTER a clean reboot with NO system restore

Good Luck

Back