• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what if I do not have a Symantec virus prog to remove Blaster. Ihave a diff program?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1eyedjak

what if I do not have a Symantec virus prog to remove Blaster. Ihave a diff program?

I see all the post and the links to Symantec website with tools to remove the virus but I am using Ontrac System suite 4.0 which has it's own virus program.

I am updating the virus defintions now but yesterday when the pro gram detected the virus it could not remove it only isolate it or remove the entire file.

does anyone know what I should do? I have downloaded the patch for the worm from MS.

I am still having crash problems with svchost.exe

sorry if I am asking dumb questions. everything I have read is Symantec related. I do not have that because my Norton free year subscription ran out and my other program doesn't require for me to keep paying for virus updates.

Mike

Just use the free symantic tool to get rid of it. then get your self a firewall like ZoneAlarm to block the incoming ports to your computer. Good luck:D

You can also use the directions on Symantec's site to remove it completely (minus any infected files- IF ANY.)

I have done this over the phone twice so far- neither afflicted person was using Norton.

If you are running windows XP and are still getting the crashes you can enable the xp firewall by going to start - control panel - network connections and right clicking your connection - selecting properties - clicking advanced tab and checking "protect my computer"

this will prevent you from getting the DOS. then go to the symantec site and download the work removal tool http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.removal.tool.html

that svchost.exe, does that need to be deleted from the task manager window also.

Back