• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nforce2 agp/pci locks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SLO DWN

Registered
i don't know if i have agp/pci bus locks.

however, i've raised my fsb to a max of 215 running decently stable.

does this mean my agp/pci bus's are locked?

i've tried searching everywhere to see if my motherboard had pci/agp locks but couldn't find a single thing.

here's the question i need an answer to:

if i didn't have pci/agp locks, then how would've my system reacted at a fsb of 200 like i have now? in other words, what happens to my computer if i didn't have agp/pci locks and i raised the fsb over the agp/pci bus limits?

thanks guys!

Hard to say really. If your motherboard didn't have a pci lock it would most likely have a divider. If it had a 1/6 divider then it could handle a 200fsb no problem. if it had a 1/5 divider then you may see file corruption at that fsb (then again maybe not). Different brands of hard drives are supposed to deal with that better than others. In my personal experience running that high fsb with a 1/5 divider caused corruption of my registry before long.

I have never heard of an nForce2 board with no pci lock so i'm sure it does have it. You should probably be able to adjust agp speed in bios.

All new nForce2 ultras are said to have a PCI lock.
And really, this has been discussed so many times and we have yet to see a single nForce2 board with no PCI lock.

Back