• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiators

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gusgizmo

Disabled
Hi! I'm New!!!!!
But anyway, at my dad's condo complex, everyone is throwing out their old air conditioners. I'm not really interested in resurecting one of the cooling units, but was wondering if anyones done a simple mod to have their coolant pass through less of the radiator? The radiators on them are huge, and from what ive read that would significantly decrease the performance of my system. Also, i'd like some thoughts on dual processor cooling systems, im thinking that running two pumps in parallel would be to my advantage. Any thoughts on this?

Welcome !!!

That radiator is meant to be used with refrig-gas. The radiator has fairly thin and long tubes, meaning for water the dynamic resistance will be super huge.

I modified two gas rads myself. I split the gas loop in two parts, running them in parallell, then I parallelled it with the second rad(also split in two). So, I have 4 loops in parallell and still get crappy 1,5gpm flow even though I use a pretty good pump, Hydor L30.

Also the material in thoose rads are usually plain steel, meaning it will easily rust on the inside, if you cut corners and don't add any rust/corrosion inhibitant.

makes sense, thanks for the advice, im gonna try it soon. as far as pumps go, what kind would you recomend? and what about a centrifugal pump? muahahahahaha

Back