• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No boot or beep.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-=Ambush=-

Well I did it again. Somehow I managed to fup my new comp .

This time I was installing my new slk-800u hs. At first I didn't relize I had to take the mobo out. So when I figured that out I took it out, disconnecting every wire and taking out the agp and only pci card in there. I did however leave the precessor in there.

So I put the breacket on the back, and then painstakinly reconnected all the wires (the fornt mic and firewire connections are pains in the ***!). I laped the heatsink, apply asc, mount it, and mount the sf2 with thoese clumsy clips.

I turn it on, and....nothing, nada. Just everythinh powers up, but no "beep" from the mobo, no image on the screen. Nothing.

So could I have damages the mobo or precessor from doing this?? I mean is there a way to test to see in the mobo is done fore? (I'll test the precessor by putting in a new one tomorrow but I'm to tires tonight). O rcould it (hopefully be that I didn;t connect something right.

Please help you guys, I am freaking out (again) and I hope I just forgot to connect something properly.

Thanks.

Oh and I don't think you'll need them but here are the specs:
Asus A7N8X dlx rev2.0
athlon xp 3200+ (now you know why I hope it's not the processor!)
2x512mb kingston DDR RAM400 pc3200
nvida video card, soundblaster sound card, 2xmaxtor HD and a sansung cd,cd/rw/dvd

make sure teh graphic card and ram are seated in correctly..

just ot make sure i'd take those 2 out and put them back in and make sure you press hard to get them in =d usually if one of those are loose you wont get a post

Back