• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7s5A PRO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrawlerZX

sorry if this is suppose to be on the faq but here it is

ok heres the deal whenever i turn it on i here a very faint BEEP indicating POST. but there's no video. the fan on the video card seems to be runnning and all the connections r ok.

o and this is a newly built system.

Athlon XP 2200+
2 128 MB generic RAM
Sapphire 9000 pro
300 watts power supply

plz help. and i'm not very expeireinced dis is me second build plz help.

thank you.

First I suggest you remove the video card and try to start the system. You should get a series of beeps indicating the video is not present. Insert the vid card again making sure it is fully seated. If it still does not start, try a different video card and continue with the other parts till you determine if it is the mobo or something else.

yea but i already tried 2 cards one voodoo 3 3000 agp, and Radeon 9000 pro 64 mb

i have power so PSU would be out right?
CPU i'll try
memory worked on old computer so it's ok it's pc-133 by the way

and if all of these work then it would be the mobo right,

see heres how i installed mine i dodn't use screws just plastic risers. would i need a conductive scew so that the mobo can receive ground from the case?

The PSU could still be the problem as one or more of the voltage rails may not be working. I'd still try another if you can.
The PC-133 memory should be OK.
Not to many options on checking the CPU except to swap it out with a known good one or try it in a known good mobo.
If all that checks out then it is most likely the mobo!
I hope you didn't buy that at Fry's!:(
As for mounting the mobo, myself I use metal screws on all the mounting points that can use a metal standoff. Years ago the XT systems used a lot of the nylon standoffs but these newer cases only have one or two places to use them. Also, I make sure that at lease 2 of the mounting points use no washers of any kind. I have had boards not boot up before when bench testing them and when mounted in the case then worked!

the ecs motherboard that i bought is doing the same thing as this guy and im not using the metal standoffs in the places that they should be so would it be a good idea to use them? couldn't hurt i guess

Try with 1 stick of ram, some K7S5A's are picky about have 2 sticks of SDRAM, but work fine with 2 DDR.

you could try cheaking the bios battery got two of the boards like that with lose batterys just move it around a little mine started working with no problem after i did that

Back