• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Powered off while saving BIOS settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

El<(')>Maxi

Blank Senior Member
YA YA YA, I know, but when your working on your rig and not watching the screen closely.........

So I gather that that is not a real good thing to do as the board will not POST-BEEP(NF7-S v2). All fans spin up OK, and the board led is live. But that's it.

And I have tried every method of bios/CMOS clearing to no avail also.

So be sure to not do what I did.

Try removing the power cord from the psu and wait a couple of minutes, then jump the CMOS.

Also, try holding down the Insert button when you power your system up.

you need to be looking for another cmos i m afriad, they sell the recovery backup things at exalibre pc as far as i know, pays to get them when you get the board:)

Cheers, Rich

you can get a back up bios chip at excaliberpc. swap the old chip for the new chip start the computer,,,, and while its still on remove the new bios chip and reinsert the old one and reflash the bios. at least thats what it says in the instructions that came with my secondary chip. and, good luck.

Back