• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick 1700+ stepping question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maxvla

got a pair of 1700+'s for my dually from newegg.

they are AXDA1700DLT3C AIRGA 0309XPAW

this is a tbred A correct? what should i expect out of one of these if i were to use it in a single cpu motherboard? i know the tbredb's are better, just wondering what i'll get out of these. hoping for 2ghz at about 13.5x150 in my Asus A7M266-D. 150fsb is about the limit with these boards it seems.

thanks.

I think your expectations are about right with these chips. One point the 13.5 multi may not be accessible - sometimes when the 8x bit is modded from low to high (e.g. by blowing and cutting the 3rd and 5th L3 bridges) the multis 13,13.5 and 14 when selected result in a no-boot . A specific hard mod though should be OK.

ok these multipliers are extremely confusing. i just spent like 30 minutes reading up on them and i'm no better off then i was when i started.

i'm going to go with a 14x multi which according to the athlon xp painter guide thing is '|::| which is a total of 5 lines. when i look at my 1700's they have a setup like this '||||| which is a total of 6 lines. also the painter guide shows mods to L4 and L10. L10 i don't even have and nobody has mentioned anything about modding L4.

:confused:

Instead of dealing with painting bridges, you may want to do some research on using the in-socket wiring trick to get your 14x multiplier. It will probably be easier, and is much more removable.

as to the multipliers i guess the link was wrong for the tbred painter. found a different one that was correct.

i don't really want to mess with wiring pins. doing the bridge mods will be easier. i don't care about removability.

thanks

2 ghz from an AIRGA is asking quite a bit, IMHO. I'd suggest that you mod your processors for the 13x multiplier. There is still a high likelihood that you will need to run well underneath a 150mhz front side bus. You must connect the L5 bridge for SMP usage.

Back