• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New upgrades are in!! Need advice for settings.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oratel

Registered
Hey guys, after getting two DOA motherboards I have finally received my new NF7-S and ram today and was wondering how I can overclock this rig for max power while maintaining stability. I know you guys can't give me a magical set of numbers but what is a good reference point for multi, fsb, mem setting and voltages? Thanks so much and I gotta say you guys are great and have helped me out alot so far.

This is my rig:

Barton 2800+ w/ Vantec Aeroflow
Abit NF7-S
HyperX PC3700 512 one stick
Sapphire 9500 Pro (oc'ed 364 core, 310 mem)
120gb sata
Antec TrueBlue 480
Antec Plusview w/ 8 fans

I wish I had better advice, but to start off with look around inside the AMD CPU forum instead of this general one. There are a number of posts along the lines of yours there.

2.3-2.4 should be achievable.... it all depends on teh stepping of your 2800+

The best OC involves lowering the Multiplier and upping the FSB as high as possible..

I never understood what stepping is and what it does. On my CPU is printed: AQUCA0308TPEW What does this mean?

AQUCA is your stepping. The numbers after that are the week of the year the chip was made. My Barton stepping is AQXCA. The difference between us is the U and X. Check the AMD CPU forum for more info on Barton steppings and what others have achieved with them.

Back