• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DLT3C - % chance of being a 'B'?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aldred_85

Registered
Well I've found a site selling 1700+ DLT3C's at <£40. Whats the chances of it being a 'B' core?

Also, were all DUT3C's 'B' cores?

The site in question is Dabs:eek:

Thanks,
Daveeeeeeeeeeeee

Welcome to the forums

I would rather pay the £7 more for a guaranteed stepping than play the gambling game. If they say DLT then chances are it's going to be a B core, but you could end up with an A cos AMD are making them again.

www.CPUcity.co.uk <--- some CPUs esp. Bartons there at the moment
www.pclincs.co.uk <--- guarantees steppings, got a JIUHB 0320 UPMW today from them

Thank you for the advice.

If it did turn out to be an 'A' core what o/c should i expect? 2000 like all the other 'A's? But.. As its a L(1.5v) I should get lower temps than my dead 2200 K(1.65v) shouldn't I? Or am I missing the point?

How well do 2200+ B cores go? I've found a AXDA2200DUV3C for £50.50

As well as any other provided you get a good stepping. Some of the newer A cores are doing slightly better than the previous lot but not as well as the Bs.

well if we can now get back to the poster's question:p *Not serious*

I've made a little list:

AXDA1700DUT3C
Dabs.com: £36.50
Ebuyer.com: £36.43

AXDA1700DLT3C
Dabs.com: £36.50 - Can't be sure A or B?
PCLincs.co.uk: £41.43 - Choose the stepping

AXDA1800DUT3C
Dabs.com: £39.01

AXDA1800DLT3C
PCLinc.co.uk: £45.24 - choose the stepping

AXDA2200DUV3C
Dabs.com: £50.50 - 'B' core, not many peeps have 'em

Basically I want to hit 2ghz (what I could hit with my dead 2200). So suggest away:)

Two things:

Careful withthose DLT3C's, they might be A's
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=222237

...and 2GHz? If you have the other equipment and you're just looking for a CPU that can do that, you're in luck as pretty much every single T-Bred B can hit 2 GHz.

Save your money and don't buy 2200, and if it's just 2 GHz you want, any T-Bred B will hit it, (you're more likely to get 2.2 or 2.3 GHz)

Back