• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need your opinions...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tycanadian

I have an Athlon XP TBRED-B 2600+ with native 333 FSB. Its stock speed is 2083 MHz (12.5x166) and with crappy air cooling I reached 2.4 GHz with 1.825V.

Is this any indication at all of its potential at higher voltages(2.0v,2.1V,maybe higher)? Or could that very well be its limit? I don't think it is the limit (remember my CPU temp in BIOS reads at minus 14 degrees) but is there a general trend or "probable" scenario based on this information?

What do you think?

its more or less at its limits.. you wont get too many more mhz outta it ;d its not really that bad of an OC =d you should be happy =d

You have 2600+ 2.4 GHz on air Prime95 Torture Test stable at 1.825V?

You realize that's closer to "Wow, that's incredible," than it is to "I don't think it is the limit..."

That's an excellent overclock!

what cooling are you using NOW? water or air, why is it "crapy air" if your bios reads those low T, if its water I think you are getting close, at some point increasing V will not give any benefits

One reason I wouldn't think it's the limit is because even at 2.4 GHz, through later experimenting, I found out that it couldn't go higher due to my FSB not being able to go past 192 MHz on my old board. So you guys are telling me you don't think I should expect to hit 2600 MHz even with 2+ Volts and a Prometia?

When I said "crappy air" that was with my old Volcano 9 running at 60 degrees C. My new setup, which is currently experiencing PAIN IN THE *** RAM issues with my Corsair stuff not posting half the time (I know the RAM is in perfect working order), is not overclocked yet.

DUDE with that prommie you can easily use 2+V and yes it will make a BIG diff on the OC 2500mhz should be easy and if it was me I wouldn't be happy with less than 2600mhz. And If it was my chip I'd be ****ed if I didn't get 2800mhz.

Just out of curiosity...

Can you pick up those DLT3C chips anywhere for reasonably cheap? I'm gonna stick with mine for sure but if it gives disappointing results then...

im not sure if you can pick up those, if you search long enough, you might be able to find a online dealer, but im not sure about the price

Back