• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why can't I load XP??? Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DonSandro

I just got new parts and I've been trying for the past 2 hours to install XP.

I'm using an Abit IC7-G mobo
MUshkin PC3500 lvl II Black
and a WD 80GB SE hdd

I already updated the BIOS, and the only change I've made was to boot from CD. I'm using the IDE not the SATA.

Every time I try to install I get an error (when i hit enter at the screen that says to install XP..., not the one after you agree) IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Any suggestions please. I've never had such a problem like this before.

Thanks

The new parts I got were an IC7-G mobo, a P4 2.4C processor and the RAM, the rest was carried over from my old system. Ohh and I have an ATI AIW 8500DV vid card

Never underestimate the power of corrupt Microsoft media. I've seen some really entertaining issues. Make sure you're installing from a flat before you kill yourself looking for a hardware issue. XP is nice and allows you to tell it to copy the media to the hdd before moving on, so just make sure that's checked.

OK I found the problem

Maybe the mods may want to make this a sticky:

With low latency DDR it is sometimes necessary to raise the voltage to 2.7v so no errors will appear.

This is not a unique event, if you go to google groups you'll find many a person with this problem.

I Hope someone else will benefit from this.

The Don

DonSandro said:
OK I found the problem

Maybe the mods may want to make this a sticky:

With low latency DDR it is sometimes necessary to raise the voltage to 2.7v so no errors will appear.

This is not a unique event, if you go to google groups you'll find many a person with this problem.

I Hope someone else will benefit from this.

The Don

Maybe if you make a new thread...ways to fix a windows xp stop error and write some solutions that might be a sticky, but I doubt the mods will make this a sticky. People will have to search to find it. Interesting find though. Glad you fixed the problem.

Matt

Back