• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

deleting partition??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vakkert_regn

Registered
well i was going to reinstall xp cus i was having some problems but i didnt wanna fdisk b/c my floppy is giving me some problems as well. so put the xp cd in and i chose new installation and it didnt ask me to create a new partition, i think it just did but i didnt finish the install b/c it had to reboot and it prompt with the screen. choose: windows xp or windows xp setup. how do i delete the win xp setup and go straight to windows xp, cus the problem now is fixed. someone said to take the xp cd out but thats not the problem cus the cd rom isnt even hooked up.

to delete the partion when your presented with the first screen, press R to get to your recovery console - then type in delpart.

:santa2:

alright, i dont know that much about partitions but since it does present me with that screen, does that mean it did create one? im not on my computer now so i cant try it out but basically, in recovery, i just type 'in delpart'

Back