• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ PC3700 EL Gold on NForce2???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tycanadian

Anyone tried this? OCZ tells me it may or may not work. My mobo is the ABIT NF7-S 2.0. The PC3500 is guaranteed to work at 2-3-3-7 at 434 MHz, but I would like to get some that will let me do 225-230 MHz in synchronous mode, which would be the 3700. Has anyone tried this?

get the mushkin pc3500 black level 2 ram, it will do 217 @ 2-2-2 @stock volatage (most cases) so im sure 225 would be no sweat by upping the voltages with a little looser timings, also the twinmos winbond pc3200 modules seem to be hitting that high too, ive been told that gold stuff is designed morefor intel setups

the mushkin level 2 pc3500 wil do those speeds and more. plus they give very tight timings which is exactly what u want for your board.. the pc3700 gold and pc4000 is designed for the intel maniacs that wanna run way over 250 fsb 1-1. it sacrifices tight timings for all out speed

flapperhead said:
the mushkin level 2 pc3500 wil do those speeds and more. plus they give very tight timings which is exactly what u want for your board.. the pc3700 gold and pc4000 is designed for the intel maniacs that wanna run way over 250 fsb 1-1. it sacrifices tight timings for all out speed

Yes Mushkin is the best memory for the nforce boards

Back