• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

im gonna cry --A7N8X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

four4875

when the power went out yesterday, it didnt just go out. it dropped voltage for a good 5-6 seconds, and guess what was on? my comp. now i can get NOTHING out of the mobo, at all. no messages when the board is bare like when the bios currupts, pop in spare bios chip, nothng. anyone know what to try to revive it?

like said above, i put in my spare bios chip (had it for the currupting problem, it IS a good bios) and got nothing. clearing CMOS did nothing. strippoin it completely got me no POST reposrt (not even "no CPU installed. no cpu installed. no cpu installed......") not with a PCI vid card and the CPU in with 1 stick of RAM (either sticks)i guess i should just cry and wait till i save up some money for a new ABIT board (5-6 months :'( ) could i RMA it to asus, ya think??

Have you tried a new or known good power supply? This is what happened to me when my UPS got low, low voltage killed the psu, look at the water cooling hoses that were attached to my cpu, it's a wonder why I didn't have to replace anything else, except the ups.

Jim

the problem might def be PSU releated. unless you have another board or psu to test its inconclusive that the problem is being caused by teh board =d

Is everything powering up when you turn it on and you get no screen, does the green light turn on?

If so, just give it 24hrs. In my "no boop ot beep" thread, I though I had serious trouble. turns out, i just shorted out my mobo. It literally fixed itself the next afternoon.

So all you stuff turns of and the green light is on, you might be ok.

Good luck with asus. I have emailed 3 addresses and posted on their help desk- no replies after 3 days.

posted note on helpdesk. on the RMA request, i just got an email asking if i have recently moved, caus they have someone with my name registered in florida, i'm in ohio. lol

I put mine up on friday night. Got my rma # without helpdesk help but fixed it... turns out you have to jumper the front audio panel connectors (2 of em) if you want sound in the back without connecting the FAP

im waitin for the RMA number.... :-|

this system i have runnin right now makes me wanna cry. P1 166 @ 200, 32 megs of EDO RAM, slow 6 gig drive, vid card with 1 meg of ram on it. his system is SOOO FAST! especially when its writin 50 megs worth of swap file to the hard drive

Back