• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have a....?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

samkhadra

I have a problem, I want to know how to overclock my 1.2GHz AMD Duron Processor, and if its possible what are the speeds I can get out of it. I have a K7S5A Motherboard. Also another thing is when I go into my BIOS setup and go into CPU PnP Setup I can change the CPU Speed in thier but I'm not sure if it will work. These are the options:

CPU PnP SETUP -> CPU BRAND - AMD K7
CPU TYPE - DURON
CPU SPEED - 100/100/MHz
- 100/133MHz
- 133/133/MHz
CPU CORE VOLTAGE - 1.776
CPU RATIO - 12x
CPU FREQUENCY - 100MHz (This varies dependin on what I change the CPU speed to)
DRAM FREQUENCY - 100MHz (This varies dependin on what I change the CPU speed to)

I don't know if this helps, but can someone help me out please. Thanks in advance!

I have 2 of these boards and in order to overclock it you need to flash the BIOS with a third party BIOS. There are 2 available, the Cheapoman or the HoneyX, both do the same thing. However the Cheapoman is easier to flash because all you need to download is a CD ISO image, burn it and boot from it, then it flashes your BIOS.

Without doing modifications to your hardware, you won;t get much from this board. The new bios will allow FSB speeds of 100,112,124,133,138,143,147,150, and 166. You have no multiplier or voltage control unless you want to do wire/pin mods to the cpu/socket.

I was able to get my XP 2100 up to 2.1Ghz by using a FSB of 150 and modding my multiplier to 14.

So you can overclock this board(don't let people tell you you can't) but its not gonna be as easy as some other boards.

I tried to increase the CPU Speed in the BIOS to 133/133MHz and when I turned on my comp the screen went blank so I cleared the CMOS and it started working again. Can someone explain what happened please? It works when I change the CPU Speed to 100/133Mhz.

Your chip can't operate at 133x12 on default voltage. 133/133 runs your CPU and memory at 133MHz while 100/133 runs your CPU at 100MHz and your memory at 133MHz

~THT

Lithan said:
Don't overclock with that board
It is pointless.

I wouldn't call 2.1Ghz out of an XP 2100 on that board pointless.

Refer to THIS thread to see what I did to get my speed up.

Realistallcy, the most you might get out of that CPU is another 200 Mhz, so IF you flashed to the OC bios I mentioned you will be able to select 112 FSB which will give you 1.4 Ghz. Now if you could afford an XP 1700 for about $45 then you should be able to get that chip to over 2Ghz at least.. EVEN on this board. But I will tell you, its not as easy as with better board. Just look over my thread that I listed above, its fairly straight forwad.

you can technically find a way to overclock any board; but I would only recommend putting yourself through the difficulties of doing so if a) you want to brag u pulled it off; b) you're cheap $_$ lol - - - my Biostar M7MIA-R was a real *****; and not being satisfied with a 220MHz overclock (1.4~1.62) I got an A7N8X Deluxe, best choice I ever made! Just getting the new board will up your 3DMarks by like, 2,000, prolly, lol (mine did) - - - but again, if you have an emotional attachment to your board, and dont want to part with ole' faithful - - go the extra mile - - pull out all the tricks and overclock it till it's wrikley old nose bleeds!!! :mad:

Thanks for the information. I will probably try to do the U Wire thing, because I don't have enough cash to buy a new mobo at moment, plus my board is alright at the moment.
Thanks for the help everyone!

Yes he can overclock with that board don't discourage him.

Flash the bios as was suggested by JDXNC. Then you will have options for 112 and 124 which you should try I am sure 122fsb is within yur grasp.

Your motherboard's official web site should have it and hot diggidy, message to sig ratio is 1:20, what's that all about?

Ok I've been to there website but I'm not sure which one I should download and use help please? Right now the version I got is 6/26/2002.

Last edited:
i had that board and got rid of it.....A POINTLESS WASTE OF MONEY. Overclocking results in nothing. I grabbed my Abi NF7-S Rev2.0 and got some serious playtime out of it :)

don't discourage him, the K7S5A is a very stable board, just get the honeyx bios and learn how to hardcode your duron using a pencil, i did this with mine and went from 100 to 133 fsb with my 1ghz duron and k7s5a, pencil in your L7 and L11 bridges to bring it from 1.75 to 1.85v, go on a search engine to find the honeyx bios for K7S5A, the great thing about durons is that they stay cool even when overclocked a lot

Back