• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ag-7n400-l

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

katelin

Hello,
I just bought this motherboard. I can't seem to figure out how to choose FSB speed and CPU multiplier speed via the BIOS. I read the manual and from it, I understand that you can only set the multiplier from the jumper dip switches on the motherboard. Also I understand that you can only choose FSB of 100, 133, 166, or 200. Not in increment of 1? AAARGH!!!!!! This really suck and I will return the motherboard if that is the case. Could someone please confirm this?

Thanks!

hmmm...I guess either nobody understood my question, no nobody cared, or nobody knows the answer. I guess I'll have to return it. Thanks for nothing.

Ok here goes if you are still needing answers. I dont have that mobo but am about to build a system with the Pro2 version when it arrives tomorrow. I have downloaded the manual for it and to me it looks like if you set the System Performance option to manual then you will have access to all of the FSB settings. I may be wrong but that is my understanding by reading the manual.
Hope this helps.
Hood

BTW that option is on Advanced Chipset Features page.

Just got the 7N400Pro 2 setup and pressing Ctrl+F1 on main BIOS page and then doing as above gives access to all FSB options.
Hood

Hi Hood,
Thanks for replying. I figured that one out after I posted. So I was able to change the FSB. But I was not able to change memory timings at all. The option isn't even there. I think it sets all the memory timings to the most conversative, because even at 200 FSB and I was getting mediocre memory scores. Anyways, the GA-7N400-L is not an overclocker's motherboard in my opinion. I already returned it and got an ASUS A7N8X, which is great.

Yes I liked the Asus my self.
The 7N400 Pro2 has options for memory timings, once again they are only visible by changing the System Performance option to manual then Ctrl+F1 on main page then going back to the Advanced Chipset Features page and then setting the memory timings to manual. The 400-l could be different though.
Anyway enjoy the Asus.
Hood

Hood said:
once again they are only visible by changing the System Performance option to manual then Ctrl+F1 on main page then going back to the Advanced Chipset Features page and then setting the memory timings to manual. The 400-l could be different though.
Hood

Ugh..I did not try that. Probably would have worked on the 400-L!! Too late. Oh well, I'm learning...

Thanks.

Back