• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the best 80 mm fan with 30 db?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nick Burns

Your company's computer guy
I need a pair of good 80 mm fans for my exhaust in my case. Those two that came with my Chieftec case don't seem to move air at all. However, I do not want over 30 decibels. Which 80mm fan has the highest cfm at 30 or below db?

nb1.jpg

MOVE!

From my readings of Sidewinder Computer's noise ratings, this fan seems to have the highest output at 28dba.

Panaflos are also a nice choice for quiet, as well as NMB fans (OEM only, however). You may want to look into an adjustable fan also, to have the best of low noise, while also having the option of high CFM.

Do you mind if I grab that picture and use it as my avatar?
I had a tornado and a fan speed controller, but it had a 4 pin connector and then the 3 pin thing that sends info. It wouldn't work with any of the fan speed controllers I tried so I tried to mod it into a 3 pin fan today. Now it just doesn't work.:cry: I don't need anything major yet, so I will probably just get basic fans.
Oh and, YOU"RE WELCOME!!!

i just ordered 2 80mm fans from PCmods.com
rated at 37cfm @ 26db
they are those new aluminum fans not sure how they got em down so low but they did
i also ordered 2 of the 120mm fans 84cfm @32db
not to shabby if i do say so myself....ill let yall know when i get em in a few days

Back