• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with sound

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scubydoo

i have a asus p4c800 deluxe mobo. the sound worked fine until i installed musicmatch. when i put a cd in to play, musicmatch starts but there is no sound coming out of my speakers. if tried uninstalling it but when i tried to play a cd i gave me an error message that said that mmatch.exe couldnt be found. hot do i fix this? how do I change the default player to not use musicmatch? is it the mobo? thx for any help

to change the default player just right click on a music file-->open with-->Choose Program--> Pick your program and make sure that the box "always use this program" is checked

Under device manager>cd drive>properties>properties tab>, make sure you have "Enable digital CD audio for this CD-ROM device" checked for all your cd drives so you don't need to attach an audio cable to your motherboard/sound card from your drives for audio CD's.

-Bobby

Back