• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nb cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

countermods

Disabled
looking for a nb cooler kit i saw here a few weeks ago i think it was like $35 it was hsk and fan and i think some other hsk for mosfets

That is an awesome chipset cooler, but will it fit in my 8rda3+ where I have an slk-900-u installed? I bet that thing is too tall to fit in there.

Nick Burns said:
That is an awesome chipset cooler, but will it fit in my 8rda3+ where I have an slk-900-u installed? I bet that thing is too tall to fit in there.

That would be my concern as well as the fan on to of the slk-900 is much wider than the the HS is at the base.

I have ASUS 87N8X, want to remove the original OEM fins that came with the board. It seems it is glued dried.
How does one go about removing it?

comstate-1 said:
I have ASUS 87N8X, want to remove the original OEM fins that came with the board. It seems it is glued dried.
How does one go about removing it?

This thread shows a couple solutions to you question, personally I used the latter, after pulling the pins out I just gave the HS a twist and it popped off, the thermal compound (?) Asus uses looks like bubble gum and doesn't have the greatest adhesive quality's, but if it doesn't seem to want to come off fairly easily maybe try the freezer method.
Good Luck
elec.tron

countermods said:
looking for a nb cooler kit i saw here a few weeks ago i think it was like $35 it was hsk and fan and i think some other hsk for mosfets

Too bad that I have the P4c800, no mounting holes.

But hell, you can almost get 2 Sk7s and a fan for that price.

I contacted the manufacturer of that product a while back to ask them about nforce2+SLK-900 compatibility. They said it was a no go but that they were working on it.

Back