• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nanidin

Today I booted up my A7N8X Deluxe and there is no sound. To try to find the problem I first played with settings in the control panel, then rebooted and checked bios. Then I tried removing my extension from the loop, and using a different pair of headphones. After that, I tried my headphones+extension on my brothers computer which worked fine. Popped open the case, everything appears fine, the only thing I have is changed is that I disconnected the wiring to the secondary audio port on my case so it would look neater(I don't use it anyways). All of the other output jacks work except for the lime green one, I put it in 6channel and went one by one to test them. No software changes, no hardware changes, nothing. Just the lime jack no longer appears to work. Can anyone help me?

I did, no results. I thought I was screwed with RMAing it to Asus which is supposed to be horrible and have slow customer service. Turns out Newegg replaces products up to 90 days and I think they actually respond to Vendors. I'm giving Asus until tomorrow night in hopes that they will respond and cover shipping which I do not want to pay to newegg :( I'm pretty sure the connector burned out or something, its just that one jack, which just happened to be my favorite one :(

And I'm going to have to go like 10 days without a computer... Its not worth the ten days(probably more) to swap over to my ECS K7AMA and reinstall XP :(

I know, but what use would that be, it doesn;t provide the same quality as the rear port does

Alright, I'll try it before I send it off, but I'm trying to get newegg to replace it with a NF7-S...

Back