• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X DLX R2 BIOS forgets

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

doodah10

My board is about 3 weeks old. It came with the 1005 BIOS loaded, and I installed a fresh battery. When ever there is the slightest problem, a restart won't even bring up a post screen. Then I turn it off and back on and the Post says I have a FSB of 100. So I hit Del to enter BIOS and F10 to exit and it starts normaly, FSB of 209. I have gone through this routine at least a dozen times. Anyone know whats going on here?

I tried that already. Board seems stable for everything at 209. Lowering to 200 still brings up same issues on restarts.

Try flashing the bios with the one on the ASUS web site or use the UBER bios. You can also just take the board back and get it replace. Just say it won't hold the bios settings. I would take it back just to rule the defective part out.

Ive thought about flashing but the problem is not that menacing to me. I think I will wait for 1006 before flashing.

Back