• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aluminum stock NB heatsink vs Copper Iceberq

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aaron Burton

I own a A7N8X Deluxe, which comes standard with a tall aluminum passive heat solution. I'm thinking about getting a copper Vantec Iceberq for my vid card, and using the packaged passive heatsinks to use on my northbridge. My question: Will a tall aluminum heatsink be better or worse than the shorter copper one?

What do you think?
Thanks!

Probably not worth the effort for those little heatsinks. If they are any better than the stock hs i would say not by much. A zalman would be better if you want to go passive (the vantec iceberg you are getting for your video card also works real nice for the northbridge).

Forgot to mention. that vantec kit comes with a HS that is the perfect size for the southbridge (which ran very hot on my a7n8x, unlike my northbridge which never seemed to have bad heat problems)

the metal heatsink is great after you remove the bubble gum thermal goop asus puts on there and replace it with as3 or something better....

i highly doubt the small copper heatsink that comes with teh icqberq will be big enough to take all that heat... however it's perfect for the southbridge.....

Back