• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman CNPS7000A-AlCu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

legendary

I'm currently using a Zalman CNPS6000-CU with a 120mm Enermax adjustable fan on the lowest speed setting. How would the noise of the CNPS7000A on the slowest setting compare with the 120mm Enermax fan? Does the 7000A cool better than the heatsink that I'm using right now?

I do not think that the 7000Cu would give you a considerable amout of difference in temps as your Enermax is giving out approx 64cfm on your hunk of copper...

What are you temps, maybe I could judge a little better and see what your temps are like right now, then guesstimate the 7000Cu's temps.

It is hard to say. I just did a AlCu on my friend's P4 2.6. His temps were in the 50's under load with an ambient temp of about 25°C.
Now his max load is about 42°C. We also added a 120mm fan in teh side of his case about 2" off center across from the cpu. The combo netted him 8°C difference. When we tried with JUST the 7000 BEFORE the case mod we netted about a 2.5°C LOWER temp. So basically I am saying that you really are not goig to see a big drop unless you mod the side of the case too. IMHO

Back