• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why are my load temps so high?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stan03

I have an SLK 900U with a 92mm panaflow fan. The idle temps are around 35 according to mbm5, but when i was installing a program and the cpu went to 50% load, the cpu temp went up to 47C, i haven't even got this thing under 100% load yet, could my as3 application be too thick? What could cause this extremely big difference?

Which panaflo do you have?

I dont' get much change with my SLK900u and Zalman 92mm fan that is at min. speed. I max out at 50*C but am going to have to add one of my Panaflo L1A fans into my case again to get some air flowing.

well...the computer IS supposed to get hotter at higher CPU loads but this is weird because it's only at 50% load.

followed those directions, but i think it may be to thick, no the diode is not on the cpu:D and what temps under load should i get if i get around 35idle?

a 2.8C, i know they will be different, i just think thats too high.

Let me guess... Abit motherboard, right?

The IS-7 and IC-7 give total BS for temps.

I've got my 2.4C @ 3.25 watercooled with a White Water block and a large heatercore with two medium speed panaflos, and I'm getting. This is with the IHS removed.

42C load
39C idle
@ 23C ambient

It's unfortunate that the temp reading is so useless, because the only way to tell how well the block is mounted is by seeing how well you can overclock.

actually no, its a gigabyte, and i have a thermal probe that reads 30 idle, but the thermal probe is on the heatsink, so you have to add a few degrees. It seems the mobo sensor is pretty accurate.

Reseat your heatsink. I have a tornado+SLK800 and at first it gave me temps like 48C then i reseated it it went down to 38C. BTW what program can i use to fully load my CPU?

My temps to the same thing. I have an abit board with a slk900u and a 56 cfm fan. My idle is around 38C and my load is closer to 52C. This could be caused by inadequate case cooling, you may want to check that. BTW Rickster ive found that prime95 gets me the highest load temps.

i have 7 case fans and a slot blower fan thing, i don't think that the problem:p so reseat heatsink and less thermal paste, ill do it this weekend, and get back to you guys.

Back