• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nforce2 with Dual DDR = More presure on the n/b?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suma

Hey, I just got the TwinMOS Pc3200 CH-5, 2x256.
got it all togher, Dual DDR enabled, they would go nicely in fsb 200, usually I work in SC in 215 - 225.

what do you say?

I don't get what you are asking. DC does put more stress on the NB though.

look dude,
I got the ch-5 installed, in DC mode.
I can get it to 200 mhz @ 2.9 with lame timings, cas 2.5 and ...

with my old twinmos (1x512 w/ twinmos chips) I could get 225 mhz stable! on 2.9v

what do you say?
what should I do?
did you "burn" yours?

this is kinda typical. you can try "burning it in" but i doubt it will help much. i have a plain NF-7 thatll do 230fsb in single channel but doesnt even like 200fsb in dual channel.

I would try it with SC and i would also try it with only 1 stick in the ram slot you used last time. To burn in you need to run Sandra memory test nonstop in burn-in wizzard with the highest Vdimm.
For Vdimm it uses very small resistance and you start at 0. Ussually you want to use a pot but i think you can get around 3.1v @ 2.9v with about 45 Ohms and 3.2 with around 65 ohms.

Ok q149 dude, I'm now running SC @ 210.
2.9v 2.5 3 3 7.
Prime's running..

btw, in there like a formula to calculate the vdimm resistence? like there is for the vdd?

215 not stable, 210 is.
I have some corsair here, I'll check it out in 215.
I know it's not the chipset because I could get 225 w/ the TwinMOS w/ TMD chips.

Theres no forumula but just start under 50 i would say and you should never have to get to 100.

I would not use Prime95 though, it's not trust-worthy to me.. Try using the 4 3dmark2k1 game tests. Ussually if you can run it through them once you are within a couple FSB of completely stable.

btw, what is your Vdd at

1.8 (shows 1.79 or so..)

the Corsair is fine @ 215, with 2.9v.

I'm really disappointed with this ram dude.
I thought it will be better then that, that sux.

it can't do 215 in 2.9v with relaxed timings? wtf #!@$
:'(

you said you use a resistor not a pot on your newest board don't you?

what resistence did you get?

I have like 59 ohms on it. Before you do anything i would put the sticks in and find the highest prime stable FSB at 2.5-3-3.. then move timings to 2-2-2 and see if it's still stable.. if it is than i think it's your board. They might need alot of voltage though, i think mine love voltage. Your Vdd is pretty low though, are you using stock cooling?

nope,
Vantec Iceberq.
I'm telling you dude the other TwinMOS was running 225 stable.

the Corsair is stable @ 215, and the CH-5 isn't.
I don't think that it's the vdd's fault.

I'm willing to try though...
how about yours? did you try'em in 2.9? or 2.77?

I forget, i think i tried them at 2.9 and they didnt do too well but im not sure. If you still have that other Twinmos stick then put it back in and see... or at least see if you can try the same stable FSB you tested with relaxed timings at 2-2-2. Now that you are using different ram slots and DC and 2 sticks you can't expect the same FSB even with same stick, if you have that other 512 stick than stick it back in and see then test each CH-5 stick in the same ram slot seperately. I would up Vdd too with copper iceberq i'd go around 1.9

ok update,
I put the CH-5 back in, 210 fsb, 2.9v @ 2 2 2 5
Prime fails 2 secs after I open it.

I would keep the 5 at 7 during testing. 11 is ussually fastest too. Does it pass at 2.5-3-3-5 then?

do 2-3-3-7 then 2-2-2-7 if that passes... I would not use Prime95 though, i'd just delete it. I have no trust for Prime95.

so what like prog. should I use, I don't want to d/l 3dmark2001se now :/

can Sandra do?

edit: 2 3 3 7 - Prime95 fails.

Not Sandra. 3dmark2k1 and not 03.. UT2k3 is ok if you have it but 3dmark2k1 is better.. America's Army is very hard on memory if you have it, ussually if you don't crash in first 5 mins of AA than your pc will never crash during anything... TOAST for cpu

Oh my gush!
I just realized.
I have 1 stick that does 210 and 1 that doesn't!@?
omg..
now I put the one that does 210, in 2 3 3 7, looks good for now..
I'm going to try lower timinigs.

Back