• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best AMD OC Board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nanidin

Ok, I have the A7N8X Deluxe pcb 2.0 and the green audio jack stopped working. No reason, no changes, it just stopped working. I am goign to rma it to newegg, but while I was at it I figured I would ask if there are better boards out there. I prefer the Nforce2 chipset and I am going to watercool with my 1700+ JIUHB DLT3C... so I need some good OC ability w/stability too. Any suggestions/ideas post them please!
Thanks

Reasons why would be nice too I guess. I mean, yeah you like the board, but is there a reason that it's better than any thing else?

Abit NF7-S. Great voltage options, rev 2.0s can consitantly hit high fsbs. Much more stable than the other nforce2 boards I have owned/worked with.

Well, I can't give you any specifics yet- I've only had my 8RDA+ since last week and just installed it on Thursday....

But I'll tell you why I chose it:
1) Great experience with Epox boards in the past- I currently have 3 8KHA+, an 8k3a+, and the 8RDA+ as well as an 8KHA+ in my nephew's rig. Many have been running for two years straight.
2) Bang for the buck: They may not be THE top boards but Epox always seems to have one of the top boards- and usually much cheaper than any others.

3) When I was considering what to get to replace a mobo I had thought I killed (Nope- it lived ;)) all the members I asked for a Bang-for-the-buck board recommendation said 8RDA+.

Hm, not really looking for bang for the buck, just something of equal or lesser value of the A7N8X Deluxe. I may just try rmaing it and seeing if the replacement has problems.

8rda+ v2.x or 8rda3+ v2.x or nf7/s v2.0 or 8rda+ v1.1 with vmods
I get a new 8rda+ from Newegg tomorrow that should be a 2.0, seems everyone that has ordered one since mid-late last week has gotten a 2.0.

Normally I would say Abit NF7-S 2.0 but I just read a guy's post where he has his SOLTEK at 250 FSB. Freakin' 250 FSB on an AMD system. I'd say try to go for that one.

I saw the post with the guy that hit 250 as well. It made me curious but not enough so to buy that board off of 1 user's experience when there are boards that have been kind to tons of people here.

I really like the nf7-s , if you are interested in stability and good features. The digital sound output is a seller for me alone. I have two a rev 1.1 and a rev 2.0 and both oc very well. no issues for either one. I use good quality ram and that help any high fsb. Go for the Abit and you won't be sorry. The 8rda+ does not have all the options it is basically a stripped down or bare bones oc motherboard. Abit = good oc

I would have to say for the best mobo on the market......not including costs........the Abit nf7-S.......just amazing overclockinbg features..........on top of that it includes everything that the nforce2 chipset offers.....leaving out only the lame additional lan port :rolleyes: this board just dominates in overcockability and features.........as for a close second I would say the Epox 8rda+ board is very tempting......in the end I choose Abit because it just had enough more for me not to care about the extra $20........also seriously consider the soltek if you want a no frill just beasty overclocking mobo!.....it's not just one guy who has had awsome luck with this board......it comes with the most current A1/C1 stepping on the northbridge.....and has been prooven a superp overclocker.....especially for the $$$$......these are my choices.....I hope you consider them well

1) Abit NF7-S
2)EPOX 8RDA+
3)SOLTEK SL-75FRN2-L

All of the above boards have more stripped down moddels and or more equipted models :D

Back