• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Smart Case Fan II setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mmills

Registered
I setup a Thermaltake Smart Fan 2 and Thermalright SLK 800A heatsink, but still have a few questions.

Where does the little switch in my hand go? For now, I've just taped it to the fan.

thermalswitch2.jpg

When I took the picture, I didn't know what to do with the thermister. It is now under the CPU.

Additionally, the power-wires for the fan is going to the wrong connector. I think it is plugged into the 'PwrFan1' here. It is now plugged into the CPUFan1 (hidden, off to the right). I'm puzzled by the 'PwrFan1' connector. What is the 'PwrFan1' for? I just plugged a near by fan into it. The powersupply has its own fan, with its own themister check temps.

Finally, I'm interested in getting the NorthBridge fan off, just to check the thermal grease under it. How do the little fasteners come off?

Thanks,

mmills

the switch in yoru hand controls the fan speed

you can only use the temp sensor or the fan speed controller

the nb fan comes off if you use a piler and squeeze teh clips beneath it

Fan1 is just for any fan in your case or what not.. cpufan is suppose to be for the fan on the CPU but it hsould be the saem as Fan1

Back