• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S connectors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mmills

Registered
I set up my first box this weekend. I got to the point where the machine got me to a BIOS screen and I called it quits. I'm still puzzled by a few connector questions.

1. SMB1: System Management Bus? What this? I ignored it.

2. Suspend LED header? I have no idea what this is.

3. My case has audio connectors for mike and sound jacks on the case top. I couldn't find anything to plug these into. Did I miss something?

Thanks,

mmills

your manual has everything labeled in chapter 2 i think. suspend i believe is for a multi conection led that instead of the power on light when its in suspend mode a dual color led will switch to the other color.

The Smbus1 row of pins I do not understand at all... Really, I don't.

My system runs fine without any of them in use though, so i'm not fussed :D

As for the audio connections, those are optional, and if you get either a case or a front panel with, say, a headphone socket on it, then you can plug the wires in here. If you don't plug anything into those audio pins, then it won't matter - the onboard sound will still function fine.

The suspend led is where you can plug a led in, and if you put your system into suspend mode, then this led will light up rather than the power led.. Again, if you don't connect anything, it won't do any harm, you just miss out on a groovy suspend led lol

-Blueacid

Back