• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building a system. Need a motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krusty

Insane Overclocking Clown
I am pricing (and later building) a computer system for my father. The computers main use will be for photoshop and video editing.

I concluded that the most appropriate system for my father would be a newer pentium 4 system so I have come here to pick out a motherboard.

My motherboard requirements:

Supports a pentium 4 3Ghz 800fsb w/ hyperthreading
Dual channel DDR400 at aggressive timings(cas2) at least 1GB.
IDE or SATA RAID controller(for RAID 0) + regular IDE interface.

It would also be nice for the board to have onboard audio and onboard LAN.

This computer will not be overclocked so I do not need a good overclocking board; I just need a quality board. I don't really want to pay through the nose for overclocking features that will never be used, but I do not want to go out and get some crappy ECS motherboard.

I'm an AMDroid, so I have limited knowledge of todays Intel motherboards. My decision is in your hands.

Last edited:
This is basically what I want to do. I do want a good on board sound. I have used Asus &MSI on the AMD side

Get Asus or Abit 865/875
I suggest Abit IS7 for GAT options at stock and great onboard sound, at the cheapest price. If you go Abit i'd get it from ExcaliberPC becaue they seem to have Abit the cheapest /w free MAX3 cooler since they are some kind of official Abit store. Also.. i have found them to be just as good as Newegg in every aspect besides price on some other things.

Back