• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best way to run this IC7 pc3500 combo.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oc jason

Ok well I have a gig of the Kingston pc3500 Hyper X Ram. Speed is 2-7-3-3-2. I also have the Abit IC7 w the stock BIOS. My chip is a 2.26b 533 ( no HT yet ) the highest I can seem to get it to boot is 165 @ 4:5 / 533 / SPD and Fixed 66/33 ratios.

Now I keep hearing that this board and memory will do over 200 ( im running DUAL DDR , that is slot 1 and 3 right ) but I cant get it to boot that high.

What settings are good to get my 200fsb on this memory, do I use fixed 66/33 also or what. I will be getting a HT chip soon, so should I just wait for that and is the 3.0g HT 800 worth the $$ if I have it to spare.

Do I need to upgrade BIOS or do I just need my settigns tweaked.

get latest bios - abit's early bios' have problems

p4 3ghz has less oc potential than a 2.4/2.6 - it wont be able to take very high fsbs... but will mean tighter timings...

fix pci/agp (33/66)

thats all the advice i can give ya

Definitely update the bios , I think its up to ver 1.6 now .

Your about in the correct ballpark for your chip , and your settings are fine from what I see. Dont expect much from a 2.26b with this board as its your chip thats more of the limit ( I too had a 2.26b ) Your memory should beable to hit 200 easy at 4:5 .
If your going with a newer C chip soon than I would not worry about pushing your current system any further .
The 2.4C are reported to do well on OCing but need alot of high-end parts to get there , but the 2.6 have better mutipliers and are not so stressful on a system to get a average of 3400/3500 (Iam happy with my 2.6C) .
The 2.8 are reported good for an average OC of 3500/3600 .
The 3.0's (last time I checked ) were not reported to be high overclockers on average .

My .02

stereo555

remember your runnin a 533 chip not a 800 chip so the multi's are gonna be different(17) so at 165 fsb youre runnin approx. 2.9 .that may be all the chip can handle..as for the memory the 4/5 ratio means the memory is runnin approx 200 which it should easily do.(bump up the vdimm voltage) unfortunately with that chip u aint gonna get a 200 fsb unless u can get the cpu to run around 3.4. if u got the cash get a 2.4c thats what the mb and chipset is really designed for and youll get one heck of a fsb-mem oc goodluck flapperhead...

Back