• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit NB Fan not working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unwrittenLaw

I opened up my case to add another case fan and when I powered on, I noticed that the Abit fan on the NB isnt working. Is there a 2pin to 3pin conveter so I could test to see if its the header on the mobo that isnt working, or the actual fan?
Everything else on the mobo powers up fine, so it might be the fan....? Thanks, for any suggestions..

unwrittenLaw said:
Is there a 2pin to 3pin conveter so I could test to see if its the header on the mobo that isnt working, or the actual fan?
Everything else on the mobo powers up fine, so it might be the fan....? Thanks, for any suggestions..

Use a 3-4 pin connector off a standard 12v line from you PSU as a quick check. Here is a pic of the connector in case you've not seen one. You can get one at a local electrionics store.

Or for a quick check just use 2 wires and connect the red to red and black to black off the 12v line to your fan.

Do you thing this small fan can run on 12V ? I thing you'll blow it if you run it on so much voltage. I removed the fan grill and found that there is a lots of dust, try cleaning it

xboy said:
Do you thing this small fan can run on 12V ? I thing you'll blow it if you run it on so much voltage.

All the chipset fans I've seen are 12v. You saying the Abit NB fan is different? I'll be glad to learn differently if that is the case, please clearify. It may keep me from killing mine someday too. :cool:

The stock Abit chipset fan doesnt have the standard 3pin connector..it has a 2pin connector so I was wondering if there is a 2 to 3 pin converter, so I dont have to pull wires out and break it. The fan is clean, and it was working fine the other day. I also have suffecient power (Allied 450W PS), so I dunno why it just stopped working. The board is a 2.0 refurbished from Newegg. I hate doing RMA's and for such a small problem, I'd rather not RMA an otherwise good board....

Sorry dudes, i won't open my case today :D Just spend 1 hour cleaning my pc from the dust and noticed this on the NB fan, i'll check may be tommorow

Back