• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System Tripping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FishD

Hi all,

Been tweaking the system below, and altough the desktop is stable, the system has 'tripped' twice. I then cannot restart it for a short time (seems something waits for time/temperature to reset.

Green power light on my motherboard stays lighting. Trip also brings down another two machines in the same building, networked.

What is the most likely cause, m/board or PSU?

How should i begin to track this problem?

Yes I agree its very strange and I have not experienced this before, and have been overclocking for several years now.

Could be a virus, but unlikely, as I have a hardware firewall/router, a firewall, and an up to date virus checker.

I have upped the CPU voltage by 0.25, to 1.625v, and have not had the problem since I done that. Is there any controls on the CPU or motherboard which can automate a power cut or immediate soft shutdown in this way?

Was also strange that it affected three machines, and two had to be restrated, the other just rebooted.

Back