• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AthlonXP 2400+ AIXHB Rocks!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

These are only very early stages of overclocking but a good friend of mine has yet again swapped CPUs, going from a JIUHB 0321 1700+ to this new AIXHB 0329 2400+

So far on the Abit NF7-S 2.0, this CPU has just completed a 24 hour stress test of prime95 at 2.50GHz! with 1.75V. This was givin to us at 15 X 166MHz. I just started another round of prime95 torture at 15 X 170 at 1.75V. In a few hours will see if it fails on us :D

We got this thing cooled by the SLK-800U, awesome heatsink. I'll let everyone know how the thing does first thing tomorrow morning when I go back over there.

OC-Master

Where did he get it, how much, you know the drill...

c627627 said:
Where did he get it, how much, you know the drill...

No Problemo :p

http://www.dangeo.com/proddetail.php?sku=10285

Actually billed as $125 for the CPU. Awesome deal which was almost $20 less than everyone in town and shipping was like $5. Useally with Dangeo, you can pick your stepping.. Just email them and they'll let you know exactly what steppings they got in stock.

OC-Master

This new stepping series that AMD is putting out ( JIXHB, AIXHB) seem to be doing pretty good in terms of overclocking

Available at Fry's Electronics!

I just picked one oif these up today - haven't had time to oc it yet, but Fry's Electronics in Los Angeles had a sale on a Mobo/chip combo. Plain vanilla ECS board with 2400 XP for $89. I needed the chip, not the board, but never hurts to have an extra board or two kicking around, so i bought it. VERY pleased to hear that this stepping, at least in some hands, seems to be doing well.

Will be working with a peltier and water block, so we'll see...

Jonathan

Ran 10 hours of prime untill it failed at 2.55GHz. Upped the voltage from 1.75V to 1.775V and re-priming again. Let everyone know tomorrow maybe how this thing fairs.

OC-Master

Pikachu_Mommy said:
OC Master, do you own a chip factory? You seem to got many many chips to play with. LOL

Nope, not my chip but rather a friends. Most of my friends go through cpus every six months. Its pretty sick when you go from one Barton 2500 to yet another Barton 2500 only because one stepping is AQUCA and the other stepping is AQXEA LOL

OC-Master

PASSED!

made it to 30hours on Prime95 before we turned it off. That was at 15 X 170 at 1.775V.

Now doing Prime95 at 15 X 172, I'll post the results tomorrow hopefully. The only thing I'm wondering is how far will this samsung stuff go before it caps out??

Now who was the first on these forums to say that AIXHB's would kick ***? :D Good luck to your friend, maybe he could cross the 2.7ghz on air! One of my friends has gotten Samsung to 5-2-2-2, 200mhz after a burn-in.

So far, the CPU is running 24 hours of Prime at 15 X 175. No matter what we do, the system fails to boot if we up the FSB any more than it is now.

15 X 175 = 2.65GHz at 1.850V

Not too shabby for a XP2400+. I think he should chuck the Samsung PC2700 stuff and go for GEIL PC4200.

Temps are rediculous right now so either the Ram is holding us back or the temps. I was hopping to get at least 2.66GHz outa the CPU. Looks like were 10MHz shy from our goal.

OC-Master

thats alot of money for that chip i think. I got mine for $85, but then again it does not compare to your overclock. Mine actually sucks at ocing.
but i think my memory is holding me back.

Last edited:
Back