• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DUT3C 1700 VC Increase available?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gazzrawly

Im running a 1700XP DUT3C (see sig for more details). I don't really want to be increasing teh VC to much as i've fried a few chips in my past doing so :) (other 1700 in my sig). I was wondering what sort of SAFE headroom for VC increasing i have. I was thinking 1.675 or 1.7V max. I've been told by several ppl about being able to break the 1.75VC barrior, but i dont think im gonna try that hard. Im already running it @ 1.9ghz with no VC increase and i think a 1.675VC increase would get me to around 2.1ghz. Any feedback wud be brill, thanks...gazz

I'd say that 1.8 would be a safe amount for every day usage for a DUT3C. 1.75v is a very small increase. I wouldn't get worried until past 1.85v or so.

I run mine at 1.75v on a regular basis. The overclock in my sig is at 1.95v, though. 1.75v is only a 17% increase. Anything below 25% should be perfectly safe. I wouldn't worry about anything below 1.9v for your processor.

i am now running it @ 166FSB and a raw cpu speed of 2083mhz but when i try to run it @ 220fsb is will only do a max of 1870mhz is this right? what will give me the most increase in gaming speed, the 1.8ghz 220fsb or 2.1ghz 166fsb?

That shouldn't be happening. Make sure that CPU Interface is enabled in your BIOS. You're going to want to run it at 220*9.5. The front side bus should not limit your clock speed.

i enabled CPU interface and im now clocked @ 220X9.5 :) thanks man i appriciate it. now back to what i was rambling on about earlier :) do u think this is a good overclock for my timings and a stock VC of 1.6?...better yet do u have like msn or somethin forums take awhile to reply to :) thank...gazz

Last edited:
Its a good overclock for that much voltage, but you should be able to do quite a bit better. What cooling do you have? You should be able to reach 2.1ghz-2.2ghz or so with 1.75v. My msn is [email protected]. Dunno why they don't put that in the profiles lol.

ok i added u :) thats what i thought....mayb we should put our msn addy's in our sig?¿

go online on msn ill tell u details of HSF etc

Back