• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick Q

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This line makes your CPU much more stable. It mainly gives power to the cpu, thatswhy when you give the cpu 2.0v + your 12v line is dropping

on my NF7 V2 it causes serious unstability with my 2500 barton if i have it plugged in when i power up i get a siren from my board speaker and it shuts down i then have to remove my power lead wait about 30 secs and then plug it back in. so i just unplugged it and its caused me no problems since

indeed.

those lines arnt actually there to provide "cleaner" power. (although it does help to some degree). they are actually there to spread the load on the 12v line.

somewhere on these forums is an official statement from abit regarding the 12v connecter. Basically, there is a huge current draw on the 12v line - much to high for the standard 24pin atx connector to take. that extra 12v connector splits the current draw over the mulitple wires meaning less chance of melt down.

My computer wont boot up at all withotu the 12v plugged in. It is my PSU though. I have a powmax 400 watt which came with my case. I am just waiting for it to do so i can have an excuse to buy a new one cause i am low on cash but if it dies my parents will replace it for me.

well I plugged it in and frankly no visible change, I will leave it in since I dont have any problems so far.....

james.miller said:
those lines arnt actually there to provide "cleaner" power. (although it does help to some degree). they are actually there to spread the load on the 12v line.

somewhere on these forums is an official statement from abit regarding the 12v connecter. Basically, there is a huge current draw on the 12v line - much to high for the standard 24pin atx connector to take. that extra 12v connector splits the current draw over the mulitple wires meaning less chance of melt down.
Yep it's there solely to prevent this:
burned.jpg

Back