• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7V8X, Xp 2500+ Barton. Need some settings please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FrozenSi

OK, I finally got my watercooling kit hooked up and running. Now, here's the deal. I'm running the chip at 2.312 right now. 185/12.5 I believe it is. V core is 1.744 right now. Idle just sitting there according to Asusprobe it's 45c. Loaded up running the burn in through Sandra might get close to 54c. I'm kinda new to all this, and haven't got a clue when you guys talk about stepping of the chip and putting RAM in Sync, and whatever else. Can somebody enlighten me here. I wanna see about 2.4 out of this chip and be able to run anything I want to.
Oh, and I'm running a 512 stick of Samsung PC3200

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=212551

^^ In the sticky there is a good link, but it is temporarily unavailable due to all of us reading it and eating up the bandwidth ;)

Running the RAM in sync means having the memory and CPU clock speed run the same, which improves latency and increases performance. The stepping is the core manufacturing revision, printed on the CPU package like this:

AXDA2500DKV4C <-- OPN code
***RANDOM NUMBERS***
AQUCA0306TPBW <---the stepping and manufacture date code

some do better than others, check the overclockers.com CPU Database for info on the overclocks experienced with your stepping.

2.31GHz is a respectable OC on a Barton, but I suspect that the KT400 motherboard is holding you back. They only do 166MHz officially so 185 with no PCI lock is pushing it, but if it runs stable then there are no worries.

Ive get the same set up but my RAM is CORSAIR XMS DDR3200
Im set at the same settings you are and at stock voltage. everything is stable.
Primetime2 is running his FSB @ 191 and he says hes stable but i havent tried it with mine yet!

Ive been able to get my xp2200 up to 1997mhz on a A7V8X-X. I think 149x13.5 was the settings. Although it runs too hot(boxed hsf) and has stability issiues. Could probably go higher but my memory wont run that fast :(.

I have also oc'd my 2000+ xp through bread(a7v8x-x), to 2.0g, with only 2 case fans, and stock psu. my temps only hit 115C at Max that i have read from my mb, "Asus pc Probe". Having trouble with my lan tho :( -Has been running for 3 days straight- i have 256mb ddr ($56) not sure what type (too lazy to run and look)

Back