• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Temperature DISPLAY

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

safarifruits

Hi there,

New to this forum and looking for a little help. I presentl have a XP2400 and I am upgrading to a XP3000. With the increase heat problems I am after an aplet of something to display the present CPU temperature somewhere on the task bar.

If anyone has knowledge of such a program I'd be most grateful.

Many thanks,

Damien

Motherboard Monitor 5

Welcome to the Forums!

MBM is free and requires no registration ;)

It can display temps in the system tray, as a tooltip when you move the mouse over the system tray icon or in a dashboard like this:

MBM5eekhot.JPG

Many thanks L337 M33P and emericanchaos for your prompt replies. I've checked out AIDA32 as is it just like SANDRA, but can't seem to find the temperatures on that one. I'll look at MBM next.

Also, whats the best / optimum temperatures? Probably anything I guess, but I do know the hotter it is the slower the performance, well so am I told.

Thanks again.

Bingo. Hotter=less speed. Heat is the enemy, but as long as your computer is stable when running intensive programs you have nothing to worry about. Do try to keep temperatures below 50C as a rule of thumb though.

Back