• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone consider mounting/ducting a vornado fan to their case or heatsink?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aihyah

i just noticed my big vornado makes very very little noise on minimum speed and pushes an impressive amount of air. ducting this fan onto a heatsink would be insane i bet:) or simply as a case fan. but how reliable would it be for 24/7 service?

It'd probably do fine. The problem is its size... Its not going to fit in any case without some modification (or a huge case!)

Ffats said:
It'd probably do fine. The problem is its size... Its not going to fit in any case without some modification (or a huge case!)

well, a dremil fixes all:) that being said, they make some pretty small models too.

and i'm surprised someone hasn't heard of a vornado:) they are the vantec tornado's of house fans:)

http://www3.mailordercentral.com/vornado/

Last edited:
Ffats said:

or leave it on the outside and duct it into the case.

Vornadoes do push insane amounts of air for their size. Your case temps would probably be great but I would be worried about the other fans operating properly with so much air being forced in.

Lol, thought it was a typo at first. Cúchulainn is right though, if they really move that much air it could be very stressful on the rest of your fans. Maybe one intake, one exhaust? :)

With a massive amount of air blowing in, you should just have open holes for the exhaust.

Read this and be sure to read the front page article linked there.

I'm guessing this would be a similar situation.

Last edited:
Back