• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf7-s ver. 2 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1-Man-Army

when i set my cpu to 2500+ and go into windows all AOK!
then i turn the computer off (shutdown) now this is were it gets freaky!
i hit the power shows up as 1ghz WTF! i cleared the cmos so much donest help cold boot dont help either!
btw this is a amd xp barton 2500+
urgent need help !!! fast!!!!! i need help!!!!!

Well it looks like your OC isn't working out to well and it's defaulting back to 100FSB and with your 10 multiplier you get 1ghz. Back off your FSB a little and see if you can eliminate the problems or relax your ram timings to see if that will help stability.

no no no(sorry if that sounded mean)
but it wont boot my cpu as a barton 2500+ thats what i meant it wont even boot up as my o/ced settings!
it used to but i dont no why or maybe it never did.

any one???? help!!! ok to clearify sum things
what i mean is this when i set my cpu as 2500+ or o/c it ok....
then i go into windows now when i shut down it turns off ok.....
now when i turn on the comp it boots at 11*100 wtf is this???
ok then i go deeper
i took out my sb live now this gets stupid
it now instead off turning off it reboots and gets liek screen coruptions!!!!! help plz!!!!
here is what i have in it now
420 watt turbo link psu
9700pro
sblive
linksys 10/100
leadtek tv tuner
wd 80gb 8mb cache
dvd-rom
dvd- burner
2-led fans
2-standard fans
volcanno 7
nf7-s ver. 2
barton 2500+

I have a NF7, AMD 2500+ Barton, SB Live also. What BIOS version are you at? Mine came with the original one and would not recoginze my CPU. I had a LinkSys 10/100 LAN card but am using the N-Force one and it is all working.

Did you do a clean install of Windows? I did not the first time and had problems with running. You might do that also if you have not plus update to BIOS 1.7 or 1.8 (make sure you get the correct one from Abit's site) for the Rev. 2.0 board. Hope this helps....

i have tried to flash to ver. 1.8 (stock was 1.6) i did a clean install
but it still happens so i think it might be the power consuption (psu) thats the problem im gonna go out and buy an antec 430 watt psu becuz mine also has crapy voltages too
will post back after i get the psu (might get it this weekend)

your problem is weird. Maybe the heatsink is not attached well enough so it was warm and then you hit the power back up, it reset the speed to default so you won't burn the chip?!?

YES I FIXED THE PROBLEM the whole time was this p2p thingy or what ever its called ill look it up again.
but when i set it to 1ms it fixed it i thoguht off this last night when i was at abit forums i heard about hdd coruption sounds like me so it fixed it :) im happy thanks for seggistions!

ok i got my new psu :) an antec 480 true blue, it solved all my problems. after i replaced my old psu i took the 420 watt opened it up and found out 1 cap is all bulgy so i guess this mobo is one hungry sucker :p

Back