• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gona be installing a temp probe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

THunDA

ok I got my Enermax fan controller with two temp sensors and was wondering when attaching them is it ok to use regular tape,Electrical tape? im gona put one on my video card and one on CPU..they are the flat ones so I plan on puttin them on the chip and make the tip of the sensor touch the side of core..is that ok for the cpu and the video card?

thx Thunda

edit..ok it came with some tape to put them on so scratch that question.. ;)

whats a safe temp to take the video card core to?
hope I can squeeze the sensor in there without taking that dam Giant off :D

What you posted should work. I wouldn't let the sensor ever really touch the core, I'd just put it on the bottom of the HS as close it it as possible without touching.

As for the card temps, I haven't seen Nvidia or Radeon release any maximum temperatures.. I've seen 60c cards running fine, so I'm guesstimating 50-60c is the max you'll probably want to go. With the big ol' Giant on there, I think you'll be under. All that really matters is that there isn't any artificating, so take the above temps with a grain of salt.

hey thx.. I got it last night but think its defective :( dam I hate getting defective stuff..lol the temp sensors worked tho..was like 33-38 load on cpu and the video card was like 40-42 idle....and the tornado wasn't even full blast...thats the problem..this is a portion of my post to place of purchase..

Ive just recieved my Enermax UC-A5FATR2 and installed it with my Tornado 80mm ( TD8038H 9.1watt .76 amp) on channel 1a and 1b,1c,2a,2b all had 1 Sunon 80mm (2.1watt) fans on each channel..When I first turned it on I noticed with all the fans turned up the Tornado wasn't screaming like I know it should,I changed the speed for the Tornado and it didn't do much at all .Then the tornado just stopped! I then moved the Tornado to channel 2c and it was on again but didnt seem to be goin at full speed. I believe from the specs givin on the Enermax UC-A5FATR2 .. "According to Enermax, each channel on the UC-A5FATR2 can support 0.8 Amps and 10 watts" it should handle the Tornado.I guess if im missing something any assistance would be great

:(:(:( looks like an RMA tho :(

Thunda

those specs cut it pretty close, if the rma still doesn't work, i would go for one that can handle more power, like a nexus or sunbeam.

hmm..well this one was a replacement for my other nexus 201(?) the 5 1\4 bay one..I was starting to get speed change on channel 1 when adjusting channel 4 ...and ive read on this forum that alot of people had problems with them when they first came out..plus I wanted temp sensors also.. ..
what you mean by cutting it close?..I guess you mean the tornado..maybe when I get the rma back ill just put my mechtronics 53cfm fan back on my cpu.. which is only 38db...I dont think ill ever be keeping the tornado up all the way ...just bought it to see how the performance is..shouldve done that from the start...but I figured if I could turn down the tornado it would be tolorable ..
THunDA

well after some trial and error its running.But un fortunatly I fried the 1 st channel with the Tornado :( I have my other Mechtronics fan on and its working good.I guess the tornado bringing the fan controller too close to its limits ..or it could be defective.I think I'll just wait for a RMA response and when I get new one just use the Mechtronics anyway .I probably wouldn't use the Tornado full blast anyways..I just hate waiting..

Thunda

...I think you right stan03 from my trial and error it seems thats the problem..suks too cuz it does exactly what I want it to do..theres not any others that do at least 2 temps and let you manually adjust some fans.. :(

Steve978 the only thing I read about the digital doc 5+that I didnt like was it controls your fans according to the temp sensors associated (S?..cant spell) with that fan :( I just wanted something that I can manually adjust the fans and that would display at least two temp sensors

Back