• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Identifying chip voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Illah

Man, it's kind of a stupid question considering how long I've been around, but I can't remember what the stock vCore is for my chip. It's one of the TbredB 2100+ chips that came out the last couple weeks 2002 and first couple weeks of 2003.

Thanks.

--Illah

Yes, me :) Also you can check it from the bios. Put the vCore to default and you'll see

Cool. I've been pretty conservative with the vCore then, but now that chips that perform on par only cost $50, I'm willing to up it a tad ;) Maybe I'll get 2.4+GHz after all.

--Illah

c627627 said:

No at all, you want to know what stupid is around here?
Making a purchase before asking for advice...

Yeah, gotta love those posts like, "I just dropped $2000. Did I get good stuff?" And then you look and it's all a bunch of crap.

And yeah, it's 1.6v, but all it's brothers and sisters are 1.65v - they probably just dropped it cuz they could so it would run cooler.

--Illah

Back