• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

epox 8rda+ northbridge heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n3lson

this may sound like i stupid question but i dont know how to get that sucker off my epox 8rda+

i want to take it off to apply some ceramique, and hopefully stabalize my system better.

its an xp2500 @ 200x11

the longest it ran prime95 wuz thirteen hours..if i run it again afterwords tho without restarting it can be as shorter than one hour.

any input on stabiliy?

and of course, how do i get that nb heatsink off?

thx

push in the little tabs on the back. Push them together, and slip thm through the motherboard.

The northbridge heatsink is attached using some pins that are pushed through the motherboard. When you find where they come through on the back of the mobo, then push them together and push the pin back through to remove the heatsink, as sandman said. For taking off the TIM you can either chill it, as Top Hat said, or take it off when it is hot and easier to take off (run the comp for a little while to heat it up).

Back